Followers

Saturday, April 14, 2012

We can only build townhouses.

I prayed for an answer yesterday. And, true to form; the Good Lord drops me a huge one right away! Deciding whether to move back to Pasay - the city of my birth, the city where we had roots yet decided to leave and transplant ourselves to Sydney and San Juan, the blood that flows in my veins or Taguig - new beginnings, new city, Project New.

The answer came via a phone call from my lead developer partner.

Lead Developer: 'Hello, Andre!'

Andrepreneur: 'I'm sorry I missed your call earlier. Was driving.'

Lead Developer: 'No problem. I was in the meeting and wanted to get some answers to questions I had. I figured it out anyway. We've got all the building guidelines for AFPOVAI. The LGU allows for 4-storeys in Taguig but it's the homeowner's association that only allows for 3. We're not going to fight them na. We'll just build townhouses ala Campville or Forthville.'

Andrepreneur: 'Okay. This means that projected sales will be lower and we won't be able to market to foreigners.'

Lead Developer: 'That's right. We have to look for other properties there or go to other locations.'

Andrepreneur: 'What about Pasay?'

Lead Developer: 'I told you to set the meeting.'

Andreprenuer: 'Okay. I will. I'm seeing Rene tomorrow. I'll discuss it with him.'

The conversation went for almost an hour as I waited for my meeting that didn't show up. I was pacing back and forth in front of the NHQ in Camp Crame. There was a monument of Lapu-Lapu that provided me company.

Two things I learnt from the phone conversation:

1. Do what you say you'll do.
2. Investor's sensitivities are high.

I know Tita J is one of the few people who will read this. Tita J, your article in Panorama rocks!

Looks like we're going back to where it all began.

No comments: